Video Advertising | A Path towards Digital Domination
Due to the advancement in technologies and opportunities, various marketers are facing new challenges and competition in this digital world. Digital Market has crossed all the charts whether it may be revenue or innovations or bringing new digital media into the world. The use of the internet, social media, video sharing platforms, and other digital means of communication have become a part of our daily lives and billions of other people as well.
According to Internet World Stats, the total world users of the Internet accounted for 4.5 billion with 58.7% of global penetration as on 31 Dec 2019. Out of which more than 80% of Internet traffic came from digital video content where marketers were found using video advertising tools to entertain and educate the audience that clearly states the people all around the world spends most of their time watching video viewable contents on a platform like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and streaming services like Netflix, Prime, etc.
What is Video Advertising?
With people exposing themselves to more and more digital media which has made the society more informed than ever. With people surfing and searching for information about products and services, purchasing and selling, marketers are competing to grab the attention of masses.
“Video and digital media are changing the way people shop and make buying decisions based on viewing a video advertisement, it’s a mega-trend” – Mark Zuckerberg.
There’s no exact definition to it, some might say that advertisement falling within a video viewable stream qualifies as video advertising. Some might regard it as an engaging and rapidly growing platform providing value that other digital mediums simply can’t.
Marketers consider video ads as an ideal attention-seeking visual perfect for grabbing the attention of viewers and driving sales. In research conducted, “80% of users can recall a video advertisement they have seen in the past 30 days”.
How Videos are changing the Dynamics of Advertising?
Marketers have responded to video advertising as a paradigm shift by increasing the use of digital marketing. In 2019, it was said that one-third of global advertising spending is to be done in digital platforms which in turn has led to future customer marketing to be carried out in digital settings, mainly video and other streaming platforms.
Video advertising focuses on an extensive approach in the selection of service, product, and brand by using mainly the Internet as a medium to promote in the form of viewable media in addition to mobile video-ads. The main aim of video advertising is to attract consumers by giving them the medium to interact with the product or service or brand through digital media.
According to Forbes, Video ads account to be 35 percent of all ad-spending revenue.
Many experts have highlighted the fact that video advertising will be dominating the digital world in the coming decade, which suggests the right time for influencers and marketers to learn about viewable media and improve their reach and audience with the effectiveness of video ads.
However, at times it is not always a win-win situation for marketers. Irish study conducted in 2019 indicated that 60% of participants highlighted that there are many ads associated with video and streaming platforms while the remaining 40% of participants were frustrated with the same video ads that prevented them from watching their favorite content. The study concludes with the statement saying, marketers need to be extremely cautious while creating video ads that the audience perceives as genuine and relevant.
Video Advertising with context to YouTube Views
When it comes to advertising via the YouTube platform, video ads play an important role to deliver promotional messages to the target audience about a product or service. Monetization in advertising on YouTube means converting something into legal tender or making your content to be able to earn money.
Here are some examples of video ads running on various platforms including YouTube:-
- Display Ads – Display Advertisements use visual media like text, pictures, videos, logos, and other graphics through which these ads communicate with the user. It aims at targeting users with particular traits to increase their effectiveness.
- Web Banner Ads – Web Banners are typically graphical ads displayed within a web page. These ads use rich media to display on a video youtube likes, buttons, and other interactive elements that utilize Java and Flash Programs.
- Overlay Ads – Overlay ads, also known as floating ads are rich in media that are imposed over requested website content. These ads may disappear after a preset time.
- Skippable and Non-Skippable Ads – Also known as expanding and interstitial ads. Expanding ads is a framed ad that can change dimensions in a predefined condition such as user click on the ad or user mouse movement on the ad or the time spent by a user on the ad. While interstitial ads are displayed before the user can access the content, sometimes waiting for it to load.
FOCUS KEYWORDS – video advertising, YouTube views, video ads, YouTube ads.
REFERENCES & CITATIONS
- Matthews, K., Matthews, K. M. K., & Joseph, S. (2020, March 12). Video Advertising – The Complete Guide: Outbrain Blog. Retrieved from https://www.outbrain.com/blog/online-video-advertising-guide/
- Chandrasekar, C. (2018, June 25). How Digital Video Advertising Will Dominate the Next Decade. Retrieved from https://www.searchenginejournal.com/digital-video-advertising-domination/256031/#close
- Top 7 Video Advertising Trends of 2019. Retrieved from https://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2019/03/12/video-advertising-trends